Sunday, December 2, 2012

Bad Idea...Gone Good

Taking family pictures right after school, may have been one of the worst ideas I've ever had as a mom.

  Seriously.  Why would I think that the "bewitching hours" of 4-6 that are always a little rough around our house, would suddenly become the perfect time to ask my FOUR children to cooperate with photographers?  Ya'll it was bad.  My adorable blonds were C-R-A-Z-Y. 

And, I'm not just saying this in a make-you-feel-better-about-your-children kind of way, either.  I was seriously sweating from children hanging on me, running circles around where they were supposed to be posed, looking the opposite direction of the smile target, etc.  

And then there was the time we thought it would be a good idea to cross OVER a creek on a narrow bridge (without sides/handles) with our four children in tow and momma in heels, oh and pause in the middle for a photo shoot.  Seriously. 

Which is why, I'm pretty sure these pictures have been significantly altered.  
AND on that note:

What you should NOT do:
IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS compare your family to this picture perfect one.  These ARE JUST PICTURES.  You would need video to see the real story. 

What you should do: 
IMMEDIATELY contact The THREE and beg them to perform similar miracles at YOUR next photo shoot.  If you, too, would like to portray your children as happy, smiling, peaceful and compliant (even at 5:30 on a school night)....by all means, CALL THEM.




 This picture, on the otherhand, is not rigged.  Cropped, maybe, but not rigged.  I really do love him absolutely this much.  I just so appreciate them capturing it (with the slobber on my shirt that tells the real story about what was happening moments before...and after).




Thank you, thank you, thank you, The Three for capturing this season for our family so beautifully.    
ABL 

1 comment:

Jessica said...

What a beautiful family, Allison! They are precious in between meltdowns. :) And believe me, we know how difficult it is to get family photos (although we only had one kiddo to contend with but it was 7:30 in the morning...)!