Thursday, October 25, 2007

Pumpkins

I love fall because it marks the beginning of so many fun holidays which bring so many memories and so many traditions. My favorite Halloween tradition growing up was that we always had grilled cheese and soup before we went trick-or-treating. When I was a freshman in college I went to my little dorm room and made myself grilled cheese and soup (impressive with only a microwave and toaster) then called my family so I could be part of the special night. They weren't home...they went out to eat. I was heart-broken. My mom told me that it really wasn't a tradition it was just a convenience with three young kids. I corrected them and now remind them each year about having soup and grilled cheese on Halloween.
We started a little family tradition last year of taking KJ to the pumpkin patch for pictures. Thanks to an amazing photographer, Tara, we got some wonderful pictures this time.

Just for fun, here is a picture from last year. I am amazed at how much he has grown. Last year the pics were a little easier, prop him up and he stayed put. There was a little less drool this year, though.


What are your favorite fall traditions?

ABL

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw your blog on Kyla's and just wanted to say I enjoy seeing K grow and change...the pic of him, actually his expression on the tractor reminds me of a pic I've seen of R. Thanks for sharing can't wait to see #2! Melissa

karen.bradfield@gmail.com said...

What a precious little boy! I love you!
Nonna

Alisa N. said...

Beautiful pics! I love fall too & have been meaning to take M to a pumpkin patch:) I love the "grilled cheese & soup" idea - isn't it amazing how as adults, it's the simple things we remember the most?
Blessings to you this week!

Kendra said...

Cute pics!!
Vaughn traditions: pumpkin patch pictures, pumpkin carving, fall fest, and added this year - pumpkin painting (not for the 20 month old - he only got a marker). Love Fall!!