Saturday, December 31, 2011

Family Photo Treasures

I seriously married into a VERY talented family...and we are totally benefiting from that talent.  We had some amazing pictures taken last fall by one of RRL's cousins who operates Eden Hayes Photography.  If you click on that link to her photography blog you will see an ADORABLE picture of her three children, one of whom was born this summer.  So, rightfully so, she took a break from business for a few months.

When we heard that another set of RRL's incredibly talented cousins was doing mini-shoots this fall we were excited to have updated family pictures taken.  I can't WAIT to share the results with you.  You've seen some of them already.  They took the pictures we used for our Christmas card and the ones on the post about our anniversary.  AMAZING. 

You'll definitely want to check out "Three" for your family photos, but especially if you are planning a wedding.  I L-O-V-E their wedding work.  They also do invitations and signs.  Really, your event would not be complete without them- and I'm not just saying that because they are family.  Check 'em out and their website will speak for itself. Seriously.


I actually have two photo-shoots to share with you.

They took pictures of RRL's whole family this spring and did a great job, especially considering there were 6 little ones aged 5 and under. 


And then they took pictures of our little team of 5 this fall. 
Do you know how rare it is that I walk away from taking pictures and have an awesome picture of every.single.one of my crazies?  And just look at these three...

They also captured some super sweet moments between us with out kiddos
and of our three showing just how much they really DO love each other.

  
Of course like anytime you try to take pictures of three kids this age, there were also moments of
pouting                    sassy-ness              and just plain 'ole running away.
But I also LOVE that they captured those in such a fun and creative way.
These are actually some of my favorite pictures.

Part of what made this shoot so successful, I think, is because the photographers really worked to keep it light hearted and fun.  There was lots of running, laughing, playing, swinging.
(Of course there were also some moments of bribing for smiles)



And in the end, there were so many good family pictures that it was difficult to choose just ONE for our Christmas card.  Not that I'm complaining.  I count it a success when all 5 of us are just looking in the general direction of the camera at the same time.  I'd say this far exceeded that standard.  I was thrilled with the results.

Thanks SO MUCH, Three
We are so grateful to have this time season for our family so well documented and captured.  Treasures!

I'm so thankful for talented family!
ABL

No comments: