Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Change is Comin'- Try Bloglovin'

I'm not sure I've mentioned it.  Probably not. 
I.HATE.CHANGE. 
Except we don't say HATE at our house...
I.SINCERELY.REALLY.TRULY.DISLIKE.CHANGE.

Which is why my cell phone looks like this

*Don't be fooled by this stock photo.  Mine is way more "loved" as evidenced by the scratches.  AND i have no idea how to get to a map.  I'm sure I'm not paying for that.

Some call it outdated.  I call it vintage. 
Reliable (at least reliably unreliable). Not too many buttons.  Not too connected. Perfect. 
And I plan to keep it (or its replacement which will be obtained for free from a facebook friend who has considered it trash after upgrading to a smart phone) until AT&T calls me personally and tells me that my vintage phone can no longer be supported by their hi-tech-convoluted-market-controlling-network.  But I don't have a very strong opinion about it.

I also really liked Google Reader.
Until they took it away.
Or made plans to.

Google Reader was my answer to keep myself from clicking mindlessly from one blog to another and just being able to follow the ones that I really wanted to read.  I could keep them all in a nice neat list.  That I could check off.  My happy place.

If you are looking for an alternative to Google Reader (you should be, it will be officially extinct on July 1st) or if you haven't ever used a reader to follow the blogs you like, try this one- Bloglovin. While I actually prefer the clean lines of Feedly, I didn't find it especially user friendly.  It didn't offer me as many options, especially since I do more reading and writing from my PC (reference vintage phone discussion above and then picture my laptop).


I don't know if anyone else actually cares about this, but just thought I'd tell you what my (less than one hour) extensive research yielded - I'll be using Bloglovin' as my new reader.  Try it out and let me know what you think and while you are there you can Follow deeprollingrightfield with Bloglovin to keep up with the cutest blonds on the planet. 

You.Are.Welcome!
ABL

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I've switched over to Netvibes.

Betsy@Living in the Moment said...

I call my phone a dumb phone. Get it? Not a smart phone. :)

The Brackeens said...

Feedly has been down a week. Guess they were NOT prepared for all the new business. (I've been using it for months with no problem...) Bloglovin', here I come!!!