Thursday, October 20, 2011

REWIND: Coming Home

This was our 10th reunion year for our alma mater. 
I'm so glad we got to be a part of Homecoming.

As corny as it may be, driving up to campus always does feel a bit like coming home.  As you catch the first glimpse of home over the hill, I always get so excited and a bit nostalgic.  There are so many memories packed into my four years living there.  In some ways, so much of the rest of my life began there. 
Friendships that would last  a lifetime, meeting my future husband, starting a career under the direction of men and women who believed in ministry in the workplace.
 It all began there.

Like any time you come home after growing older, things change. 
In many ways, change is for the better. 
Like the fact that all of the Moms of these kids used to be able to squeeze into one car to go eat dinner together.  Now, to share a meal we would need an entourage of mini-vans and SUVs to get this rowdy crew together (and we were even missing a few by this point).
But one of the things I love most about homecoming is seeing others I love enjoying "home" just as much as we once did.  And little ones I love who already can't wait until they make memories of their own one day.
 It is always such a blessing to come Home!
ABL



No comments: