Friday, October 19, 2012

the ROCK.

I don't blog about him very often.
Not because he's not here.  He's VERY here (Well, except for that one time that we were trying to buy our new house and a credit company tried to tell me he was dead.  I assured them that I had 4 children and was moving and I absolutely would not allow him to be dead.  So, we fixed that, and NOW he's here.)

He doesn't get blogged much because Deep Rolling Right Field is primarily a mom's-eye-view.  Its mostly about my kiddos and about being their mom.  Its just that I don't think he'd necessarily appreciate me sharing the funny things he says, making him take pictures in bluebonnets, or documenting his milestones. And he hasn't ever run away from me in the grocery store or invited himself to a birthday party.  Those events are easy to blog.

But today deserves some blogging.  Its not his birthday. Not even Father's day or our anniversary.  Its just a day when I come to the realization of how much he carries, how hard it must be, and how proud I am to watch how he is walking a difficult road.

He is RRL.

He does family differently than most Dad's I know, is involved in ways many aren't.

He knows how to order for me at a restaurant (trust me, this takes major skills, love and patience)

He encourages me to be better and still encourages me to rest.

He leaves sticky notes on the dishwasher so I'll know the dishes are clean.

He goes along with my hare-brained ideas. And pretends to enjoy it.

He chooses to love people that are hard to love. 

He makes an effort to walk in our door in a way that sets a tone for our home. 
He kisses me and plays with them.

He listens to more podcasts in a week than I have in a lifetime.

He has a side-identity as a techy. And yet makes our home electronics tech-dummy-friendly (for me).

He is a better listener than anyone else I know. And never backs down when someone asks for help.

He loves Jesus. He wants others to love HIM, too.

He's not perfect and sometimes he makes a really big mess of things. 
But he isn't afraid to admit that and work to make it better.
The Daddy in our house ROCKS.
And what's more
He is building our house on one.
“These words I speak to you are not incidental additions to your life, homeowner improvements to your standard of living. They are foundational words, words to build a life on. If you work these words into your life, you are like a smart carpenter who built his house on solid rock. Rain poured down, the river flooded, a tornado hit—but nothing moved that house. It was fixed to the rock." 
Matthew 7:24-25 from The Message

Love you, Babe! YOU.ARE.MY.FAVORITE!!

ABL


Friendly readers of DRRF.  Would you join me in doing two things:
2) Would you pray for Ricky.  Especially for this weekend?
3) Would you consider supporting his efforts as he works with Teen Lifeline to reach hurting teens?  (check out this post about the 5K)

No comments: