Thursday, January 3, 2013

5 Things for the 5-year-old (continued)

Visit the first 2 posts in the "5 things for the 5-year-old" series to read about Cbug's party that he planned and his 5-year interview; as well as see a video of his first 5 years and read his bday letter.

And rounding out the series, at number 5...
5) the Birthday DAY
Even though we celebrated officially on December 26th, today is his birthday.  And for our calendar/date-lovin-boy its important that we celebrate some on January 3rd, too.  Once again, everything about how he chose to celebrate was predictably unpredictable.  I couldn't have guessed any of it ahead of time, which is why I didn't even bother guessing.  He has specific ideas about how to do things, and they rarely line up with any other 5 year-old I know.  But, as usual, it sure was fun.

I asked Cbug what he would like for me to bring to his school celebration- cookies or cupcakes.  He chose cookie cake.  and had very specific (unassisted) ideas about how it was to be decorated.  I wish I had a picture, or better yet a video, of him explaining this to the very patient lady at the grocery store bakery.


And for dinner, he got to pick where he wanted to eat.  He chose a restaurant that is nearly an hour away that he had previously visited exactly once.  But he remembered it and he was determined.  So, that's where we went.  It was super fun! And then we came home and rounded the night out with opening presents in our PJs.
We had a super fun day celebrating our newly turned 5-year-old!  Love how he keeps us guessing.

ABL

And this doesn't really fit in the "5 things" but...
Cbug also got to have a bonus celebration when he had dinner with RRL's family to celebrate his birthday month- which he shares with Aunt Jac.  I love how much my kids love her!!

1 comment:

Jacqueline Vickery said...

Ahhh, I'm just now seeing this. I'm definitely happy to share a birthday month with Cbug!