Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Dum dah dah dum....CBUG IS TURNING FIVE!

Get ready for it, folks! Cbug is turning 5 tomorrow.  I CAN HARDLY BELIEVE IT! 
Five is a big deal at our house.  I mean, being one whole hand and all, its pretty significant.  So, in honor of being 5.  Here are 5 things about Cbug turning F-I-V-E!

First up...A party and an interview!

1)  A Party
one of the 5-year-old traditions we have started is really letting our kids PLAN their 5th birthday.  Usually birthdays for our family are either just at our house or at our church.  Not too over the top.  But for 5, we want to let them really dream big (reasonably).  KJ picked Legoland.  But Cbug had a different idea.
AUNT MARILYN'S HOUSE. IN NASHVILLE.
He's been talking about it for months, ever since she and Nonna came to visit this fall. 
We reminded him that it meant his friends wouldn't be there he said "Yes they will!" And proceeded to list his few favorite adults that live in Nashville.  He wanted to invite Nonna and Papa J, Aunt Marilyn and Uncle B, Aunt Paulie (who shares his bday) and "Grannie Frannie and her children"...who are also adults.  The only kids he wanted to invite were his cousins, Beau and Kylie.  Ok, bud, you got it! 

Then we reminded him that we wouldn't be able to go swimming at Aunt M's because it would be too cold.  To which he responded "That's ok, we can do some other activities".  Oh yeah, like what...well, for starters he wanted to do "a craft" then "play some games" then "read some stories".  Wow, ok, this is getting easier by the minute.

It actually worked out perfectly because we were going to be in Nashville anyway, just one week before his birthday.  He's still BIG on dates so he had to be convinced that it was ok to have the party on a day other than January 3rd, but it helped when we told him he would be at school that day and could take cake to his friends. Instead, he kept calling this his "December 26th birthday".

For the craft, everyone decorated number 5s for Cbug to keep.

 Then, we played Sorry and Uno (his favorite games)


We sang Happy Birthday and ate some cake (decorated to his specifications).  He requested that the "C" be cut out of the middle for him to eat.  Love this boy!

And last, Aunt M (with Cbug's help) read some stories.

All of his requests were so reasonable and sweet it was hard to say "no" to a single one.  As an added bonus, it snowed, so he got to fulfill his Christmas wish of "catching snowflakes on his tongue"

I love that this is how he chose to celebrate.  And he was on top of the world through the whole party.  He had so much fun just being with family and friends, in Nashville.  And I appreciate that all of his adult friends were happy to oblige to his ideas about a party.  I wonder how long it had been since some of them had been invited to a 5-year-old's birthday party.  But they were happy to do it because of the way he so fiercely loves each of them.  What a boy!


2) An Interview
A: Cbug, do you know what an interview is?
Cbug: No, Is it something fun we do together?
A: Yes, I'm going to ask you some questions about being 5.

A: What is your favorite Color?
Cbug: Blue


A: What is your favorite thing to do with Daddy?
Cbug: Going to an apartment because they have outside up things where you can look at stuff
A You mean balconies?
Cbug: Yes.


A: What is your favorite thing to do with Mommy?
Cbug: I get to give you kisses

A: Favorite thing to do with KJ and Lou?
Cbug: Play with Korben's legos
and play in the kitchen with Libby
A: Who is your favorite SuperHero?
Cbug: Batman, but really my best one is Green Lantern

A: Where is your favorite place to go?
Cbug:  Scout and Ryders house
and also visit Josh and Mr Derek.

A: What is your favorite thing to wear?
Cbug: My spiderman shirt and new cowboy boots
A: What is your favorite thing to eat?
Cbug: Icecream and little tomatoes and pizza
A: What makes you laugh?
Cbug: When my brother makes silly faces at me

A: What do you want to be when you grow up?
Cbug: a police man and I also want to be an Inn Keeper and maybe a Zoo Keeper with animals

A: What do you want to teach your kids when you are a Daddy.
Cbug: Things about God and Jesus and teach them Spanish

A: What is your favorite bible verse?
Cbug:  My favorite is Libby's verse "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made.  All your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:14
A: Do you want to tell me about anything else in your interview?
Cbug: Yes, about God.
A: What would you like to tell me about God?
Cbug: That he watches over us.
A:  Like when you are scared?
Cbug: Yes
A: What are you scared of?
Cbug: Tigers
A: Why are you scared of Tigers?
Cbug: Because I can kill fish, but not lions or tigers.  They would eat me.  I can also kill dinosaurs.
A: But dinosaurs are extinct, silly!
Cbug: I know but, if I jumped into the time of dinosaurs I would be able to kill them. And that's it, now I'm done telling you about things. One more thing, I just wanted to say "I love God and Jesus". Can you type that?  Ok, that's all.

2 comments:

Mr. Derek said...

Incredibly honored that Josh and I are a part of his favorites:)

Jessica said...

This is the sweetest birthday party ever! What a big heart that boy of yours has. :)