Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Jonah and the Big Fish {as told by KJ}

While I am on a blogging roll about things that we are learning at RHCC, one of KJ's favorite stories in the bible is Jonah. This is largely thanks to the fact that a couple of years ago he learned all about the story during summer spectacular, our church's version of VBS (only way better than any VBS I ever attended). So, he tells us the story of Jonah all the time. I've tried forever to get it on video, but he always freezes. Here is a fairly good version that I captured recently. Believe it or not, he actually scales back the drama a bit for the camera.

If KJ could have just one wish granted, I do not doubt that it would be that he could really READ (that or be Batman, but you know). In the meantime, he can often be found reciting some of his favorite stories while turning the pages in the books (sometimes while wearing his batman cape).
Without further ado...KJ "reading" the story of Jonah (in the New Testament).




A few things to note (as if you could miss them):
- When in doubt, just mix in some Cars references. "Radiator Springs" is easily confused with the "raging sea".
- Cbug "reading" in the background. He says "C, B, A" when reading a title (backwards). He is OBSESSED with letters right now. And a little later he "reads" about the monkeys jumping on the bed.
- KJ explaining how "Three days is five days." Basically the same thing.
- C walking around with the little box that KJ's bible goes in, while growling "My Bible, My Bible"

Oh, how I love these moments!


ABL

5 comments:

Mexskimo said...

They are just tooooo cute! Made me smile tonight!

Unknown said...

thank you so much for sharing these precious moments with us, love you guys!

Unknown said...

Thank you soooo very much for this!! What a perfect way to end a very difficult day!!

Unknown said...

JUST what I needed at the end of a long and very busy day. Love you all!

The Brackeens said...

That is just so precious! I look forward to having a conversation with my kiddos...and at the same time don't want it to go too fast. It looked like Cbug was reading (No more monkeys jumping on the bed!). That's one of my favorites!